Saturday, April 19, 2008

Renovating The New Place

We built this place 2 years ago, and because the builder charged more to paint the house if you wanted coloured walls *gasp*, we went for a sort of pottery colour all the way through as we knew we'd change it.

I look at sites like Lori's and wish I was the creative decorating type, instead of the "oh I dunno, does that look OK I really have no clue" type. I want to have more money to spend on things. Things that make your place your own. Stuff I like. Nice objects on my walls, vases, shelves for interesting bits and pieces...though I wonder, when you have all that stuff, how do you dust it all and prevent it from eventually turning into what looks like a mound of dust on your shelf? Especially when you loathe housework with a passion.

Still, having tackled the two teenage boys rooms (ones blue and ones an awesome sea blue, aqua colour), and the lounge room (dark moss green)I want to do our bedroom, because it's bland and awful. Old doona cover, boring walls, totally insipid. I want a beautiful bedroom. Somewhere that looks relaxing and peaceful. Somewhere conducive to sleep. Somewhere that's not too girly that it frightens the husband off to the spare room where the vacuum cleaner lives. Why the vacuum cleaner is relevant, I have NO idea...

1 comments:

Linda said...

I read something about a builder like that in a magazine once, though the lady did get her way with the colour. I have an enormous teenage son, fortunately the step-sons and eldest have their own lives now, but I can relate to the dust idea. My room has been decorated by the previous owner, as I never got to painting the previous bedrooms we owned. In my new house I am rapt with the reddish color the previous owner put there as well, at one point we were thinking of selling before moving in and in my mind I stuck up for the lady's coloured walls!
www.homesteadblogger.com/ourlittlehouseintown

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio